PRE-NOTICE ON THE CALL OF APPLICATION FOR YOUNG CIVIL SERVANTS SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME 2017-2018
Attention: This announcement is an informative communication on the upcoming opening of the call for application for Young Civil Servants Scholarships 2017-2018. The actual process of application will take place during the period 27 November–15 December 2017. Additional information on the application process and the programme in general, can be found at the project’s website in the following link www.ycsalbania.eu.
The European Union places a paramount importance to the preparation of the public administration of the acceding countries and supports the strengthening of capacities of civil service to enable the national administrations for the great challenge of managing negotiations with the EU. Parallel to the efforts of Albania in meeting the priorities set out by the European Commission, the EU is also supporting the strengthening of capacities within the civil service.
To channel these efforts, the European Union Delegation to Albania has contracted the French Ecole National d’Administration (ENA), which in cooperation with ASPA will draft and implement a specific practical training for 15 young civil servants from the Albanian state administration and subordinated institutions. The duration of this program will be 4 months: 0.5 preparatory training at the Albanian School of Public Administration (ASPA), 3.5 months practical training sessions at ENA in Paris and Strasbourg, followed by a study tour in the EU institutions.
The programme will be subject to a final examination, based on the completion of the 4 months training and the presentation of an individually prepared project, assessed by an international panel.
The training sessions in ENA will be interactive, focusing on concrete examples based on the real missions and activities of the public administration, case studies and other exercises. These will include oral arguments, in-group discussions, and the creation of a stimulating teaching environment and peer-to-peer progress assessment. Part of the training programme will consists of visits in the selected French and European public administration institutions and exchanges with practitioners from different administrative levels. The final project to be presented at the end of this training cycle will be based on the initial assignments that will be defined for each trainee at the beginning of the training and will be in compliance with the training program and the expectations of the Albanian institutions.
Indicative eligibility criteria for the civil servants:
- Civil servants recruited under the civil service law and confirmed in the civil service;
- Currently working in the state public administration or state subordinated institutions;
- Level: Expert and low-level management working in the following areas: public policies, legal drafting, European integration matters, strategy implementation and monitoring, budget planning and financial management, are members of Inter-Institutional Working Groups and Integrated Policy Management Group (IPMG);
- Age: maximum 35 years old (at the time of application);
- Experience in the field: no more than 5 years of experience in public administration at the time of application;
- Not to have benefited from similar schemes in the past;
- English speaker (minimum B2 level).
- The entire examination and the training programme will be organized in English;
- A maximum number of 15 trainees will be selected;
- The call for application will be opened for each field mentioned at the point 3 from the eligibility criteria;
- The call for application will indicate the maximum number of places dedicated to each field of activity mentioned above.
The application process:
At the opening of the application process, the candidates must submit the following documents, as an expression of their interest to participate in the selection procedure:
- CV (must be submitted in Europass format);
- Letter of motivation expressing the reasons why they want to be part of the program;
- Application form;
- Copy of a valid TOEFL or IELTS or Cambridge language certification (if available); in cases when the applicant does not have such a certificate, he/she will be subject to an English language test;
- Statement of responsibility regarding the fulfillment of the eligibility criteria, including the availability to travel abroad and stay in France for the training period, dated and signed by the candidate;
- Copy of the passport (in case the passport is not valid until 31 December 2018, it will have to be renewed during the application period);
- All applicants that fulfill the criteria of the application will be subject to a written and oral test.
Indicative important dates
- 27 November-15 December 2017: open call for applications;
- 18 December 2017: English test (for the short listed candidates who do not possess a certification from TOEFL or IELTS or Cambridge language certification);
- 20 December 2017: Written exam;
- 8-12 January 2018: Oral exam;
- 15-26 January 2018: Publication of the results and signature of the contracts with the home administration;
- 26 February 2018: Start of the training cycle.
The successful candidates will commit to:
- Mandatory attendance to the training cycle from the first day up to the exam at the end of the cycle, for a total duration of 4 months;
- Provide all the needed documents/support, in due time, for the visa process and the contracting with the home administration, ENA and DoPA. These processes will be facilitated by the project office in Tirana;
- Valid (biometric) passport until 31 December 2018.
This project will cover the following expenses:
- Tuition fee for the entire duration of the training cycle;
- Accommodation and living allowances in France;
- Visa costs;
- Flight tickets and health insurance.
Final note: The program promotes equal opportunities. Between equally qualified candidates, the successful candidate will be considered the one whose gender is the least represented among the successful candidates or a disabled person.