What happens to my job position during the traineeship programme?
Based on the provisions of the Civil Service Law (article 55/2), the civil servant has the right to request suspension from civil service for reasons related to studies. The time allowed by the law is from 1 month up to 2 years. The suspension status will continue for the entire duration of the training programme. After the completion of the training, the civil servant will be reinstated in the civil service at the same position held previously. The Department of Public Administration, being in the position of supervising the implementation of the civil service legislation in the state administration institutions, will guarantee the successful reinstatement to the position. The project will facilitate the entire procedure.
I am working in the civil service, but I am still in the probation period. Can I apply?
No. In order to be eligible and apply for the program you MUST be a confirmed civil servant.
What are the eligibility criteria?
- Albanian citizen;
- Confirmed civil servants recruited under the Civil Service Legislation procedures;
- Currently working in the state administration institutions (part of the civil service) or subordinated institutions.
- Maximum age: 35
- Level: Expert (executive) and low-level management positions (head of sectors and the equivalent) working in the following fields of activity: public policies, legal drafting, European integration matters, strategy implementation and monitoring, policy development, programme development, budget planning, financial management, audit, Inter-Institutional Working Groups and Integrated Policy Management Group (IPMG);
- Experience in the field: no more than 5 years of experience in the public administration at the time of application;
- Not to have benefited from similar schemes in the past;
- English speaker (minimum B2 level).
I am working in a Municipality. Can I apply?
No. In order to be eligible and apply for the program you MUST work for the state public administration or state subordinated institutions. These groups do not include local government institutions.
What are the state administration institutions you are referring to in the call for application?
State administration institutions are the Office of the Prime Minister, line ministries and subordinated institutions, part of the civil service. Based on this definition civil servants coming from the local government and independent institutions are NOT eligible to apply. Local government institutions include municipalities, communes, districts and administrative divisions.
The independent and local government institutions are excluded from the 2017-2018 training cycle ONLY. In the future, the plan is to expand the target group to include these institutions as well. Please stay tuned and visit the EUD, DoPA and ASPA’s websites when this opportunity will be given to local government and independent institutions.
One of the eligibility criteria is: “NOT to have benefited from similar schemes in the past”. What is considered a similar scheme?
Similar schemes refer to programmes funded by EU, which have covered the same fields as “Young Civil Servants Scholarship Scheme” Programme.
Can my supervisor refuse to give permission if I am selected as a successful candidate (for professionally justified reasons)?
DoPA will play the mediator’s role between the successful candidate and the institution to assure that the best candidates are not left out of the programme. The final objective is that no best candidate is left out of the training programme due to absence of negotiations.
What should my application file contain?
The interested candidates must submit the following documents, as an expression of their interest to participate in the selection procedure:
- The eligibility checklist, which can be downloaded at the project’s website www.ycsalbania.eu
- CV (Euro pass Format)
- Application form, where the candidate should mention for which group (field of activity) he/she is applying. This application form includes:
- Statement of responsibility regarding the fulfillment of the eligibility criteria, including the availability to travel abroad and move to France for the training period, dated and signed by the candidate; this statement will be part of the application form and shall not be submitted separately;
- A motivation letter expressing the reasons why they want to be part of the program. The letter will also include the proposal for the future professional project to be developed during the training programme; this letter will be part of the application form and shall not be sent separately;
- Copy of a valid TOEFL or IELTS or Cambridge or other national recognized language certification (if available) or proof of attended successfully and English –speaking University (Bachelor and Master’s degree);
- Copy of the passport (in case the passport is not valid until 31 December 2018, it will have to be renewed during the application period).
What does the “professional project” represent?
In the application form, the candidates have to propose a professional project that they would like to further study and develop during the training period. The theme of the project has to be directly linked with their current job (ex.: a project, a report, an assessment; an evaluation etc.), to be suitable to be researched and developed during the training programme and to be suitable to be implemented in their home institutions after their return.
Will I be paid during the time of my traineeship?
Based on the provisions of the Civil Service Law (article 56/4), the civil servant is not entitled to payment during the suspension period related to study reasons. As you will notice in the following sections of FAQ, the living expenses during the training programme will be covered by the project
What expenses will the project cover?
The project (under the funding of IPA 2015) will cover all the expenses related to the living expenses in France, Luxembourg and Brussels. These living expenses include accommodation and the per diem (covering transportation, food). Other expenses that will be covered are the flight tickets to/from France, visa fees and travel insurances. Costs that are related to preparing the documents for visa application (such as issuance of personal certificate, criminal record, apostille stamp or renew of the passport) are not included in the reimbursable expenses.
Will I receive a recognized certificate after the graduation?
Yes. At the end of the successful completion of the program, the candidate will receive a certificate signed by the Director of Ecole Nationale d’Administration (ENA).
What are my obligations after I return?
After you complete your training programme, you will be reinstated in the civil service at the same position and you will assume the same responsibilities as before. Your rights and obligations provided in the CSL will continue to be applied the same as before the start of the training programme.